Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Favorite Things: A Dishwasher Basket for Canning Lids and Rings

Last year, I was inspired by Oprah's "Favorite Things" to do a series of posts with some of my favorite food and cooking-related gift items.  Since the posts were pretty popular last year, I thought I'd continue the tradition.  Of course, I can't hand out free items like Oprah can, but hopefully I can inspire a few gifts for the foodies and entertainers in your life.  Enjoy!

Recently, we purchased this dishwasher basket to allow us to wash the various small parts of the baby's bottles in the dishwasher.  As soon as I unpacked the thing, I immediately realized that it was a multi-tasker, waiting and at the ready.  I had FINALLY found the solution to washing canning jar lids and rings in the dishwasher without having them float down to the heating element and being ruined.

At around $4 to $6, it really can't be beat for washing any small items you might have from small parts for water bottles to tiny utensils, sippy cup parts, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I was looking for something so I don't have to hand wash 10+ lids every week and no one seems to have thought of a specific product for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sensors will assess the overall load within the dishwasher and then it will adjust the wash accordingly by reducing or increasing the amount of water required. portable dishwasher

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.