Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Thoughts...

A couple of thoughts for this Friday...
  • I ordered some Indigo Rose tomato seeds to try this year.  I thought the purple color would be fun to see and the eyes might play tricks on you when you taste them.  Let's hope they do well during seed starting.
  • If you like looking through seed catalogs as I do, you'll absolutely love the one published by Baker Creek.  Not only are all of their seeds heirloom and non-GMO, but the catalog is full color on semi-glossy paper with gorgeous photos of the various fruits, veggies, and flowers.  Wishing I hadn't spent my whole seed budget already.  Will definitely order some from BC next year.
  • Is it me, or does this seem kind of like backwards logic?  We're ashamed of this particular piece of the University's history, so let's build a memorial to it?!?
  • I've been using baking soda as a scrub in the kitchen for quite awhile but it's never performed quite as well for me in the bathroom.  I'd like to try the peroxide trick mentioned in this blog.  Admittedly, I'm curious about the safety of mixing peroxide and baking soda together.  Think I'll look that one up first.
  • I really like the blog What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat, Anyway? because they do some really unique and delicious things and it reassures me that not all Vegans subsist entirely on curried tofu, cheeseless pizza, and black beans.  However, if you spotted a crudite platter with french fries on it at a party, what would YOU choose to eat from it?  Yeah, me too...  :-)
  • I really want to say KUDOS to Bettina over at The Lunch Tray for doing her homework before reporting on the kid who was supposedly told to eat Chicken Nuggets instead of her turkey sandwich.  I wish I could say the same for the rest of the Media, including my beloved local NBC affiliate but alas no, they just regurgitated the same incomplete crap over the airwaves last night.  Shame on them (and most news outlets) for their lack of journalistic integrity on this one.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to say, "That story just doesn't sound complete."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.