Saturday, March 2, 2013

It Slices, It Dices, It Makes Mounds Of.....

I have a  confession to make.  I am and always have been a sucker for a good infomercial...particularly when there's a kitchen gadget involved.

Believe me, it makes absolutely no sense.  I'm not one to go out and buy-up every little gadget that comes out on the market.  In fact, I'm almost as big a stickler for the uni-tasker as Alton Brown and I try to keep my kitchen drawers clutter-free.  However, put some person on TV for an hour calling out catch phrases like, "Set it and forget it," cutting through leather with a serrated knife followed by a tomato, holding a bowling ball in the air with the suction of a vacuum, or crushing a soda can with a food storage machine, and I feel compelled to pause and watch for a bit.

So it should be no surprise that late at night, when I'm channel surfing in the comfort of easy chair and everyone else has gone to bed, I often stop on QVC or HSN to see they're hawking.  Guilty as charged.  Recently, I discovered that QVC offers an entire "cooking show" called In the Kitchen With David.  Sure, it's not a real cooking show.  But, it does have a fair amount of cooking involved and occasionally has guest presenters from some of my favorite cooking-related businesses like Julia from America's Test Kitchen (selling cookbooks).

On a whim, I DVR'd it as a season pass and will watch it when I want to decompress.

My wife thinks I'm crazy.

I probably am.

Oh well.  :-)

1 comment:

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.