Tuesday, July 17, 2018

My Sewing Journey, Part V - Baby Rompers

We have a new niece or nephew coming soon and I wanted to use my new-found sewing skills to make something for the baby.  I hunted and hunted online for a pattern for a gender-neutral baby romper or overalls that would be suitable for a winter baby in New England, but kept coming up empty.

Finally, I settled on the free Baby Boy Romper from Melly Sews and decided I'd have to try my hand at pattern modification to extend the legs to full pants instead of shorts.  The free pattern is size 0-3 months, but Melly also offers it in multiple sizes with a dress variation on her paid pattern site, Blank Slate Patterns.

My daughter and I visited the same local fabric store where we found the purple minky for her robe and picked-out a super soft flannel in two gender-neutral colors.

I'm extremely pleased with how the finished patterns turned out.  The gray geometric one was done with buttons at the shoulders as the pattern describes, but I'm having some difficulty with consistency on my buttonhole foot, so I decided to just put snaps on the other one.



Aren't they just so cute and cuddly?!?!?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks pannolini home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Kinderkledij

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Baby Powders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks Baby products

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want to learn more about kids bunk beds with slide l shaped triple bunk bed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you, I hope your nephew has been born safely. I am very impressed with your sewing skills and I would suggest that you create your own channel on YouTube to teach sewing to people like me. Thanks for this impressive work. Dissertation Writing Services

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your designs are incredible, you have shared fabulous ideas about Baby Rompers. I would like to thank you for sharing these types of interesting articles. Baby boy rompers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is really commendable, this romper suit is beautiful. Great job for publishing such a nice article. Your article isn’t only useful but it is additionally really informative. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. Baby Boys Romper Suit In UAE

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a good job with your knowledge that makes our work easy because you are providing such good information. Keep sharing this kind of knowledge with us.

    Buy Wholesale Baby Sleepsuits

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, you need to determine what are the qualities of the mattresses that you are or will be most comfortable with, if you are happy with the current mattress type that you are using, then; truck mattress

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. go now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girls Rompers effortlessly blend style and comfort, making them a versatile choice for active young fashionistas to express their personality.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.