Monday, March 26, 2012

Friday Thoughts...on Monday

Friday was kind of a busy day and I just didn't quite get to posting my "Friday Thoughts" entry.  I thought I'd give it to you a few days late rather than stack them up till this coming Friday.
  • This is kind of a neat story.  If you're not familiar with the story behind Bison as a food in this country, it's an interesting one.  Most people don't realize that Bison were almost extinct until just a few years back when private ranchers saved them by creating a demand for their meat (go figure...raising bison to kill saves bison).  Most people also don't realize that bison is healthier than beef in more ways than one.
  • I've been craving a taste of this recipe for Honey Cupcakes since it was posted last year.  The only reason I haven't made it yet is that I cringe at the thought of the cost of the 3/4 cup of honey it requires.
  • Doesn't this Grapefruit Jam (N OT Marmalade) just sound delicious?
  • Frosting Shots...  That's right, legitimized frosting on a spoon in the name of elegance.  Sign me up.
  • I have always wanted one of these elevated gardens.  Now, with the DIY instructions, I'm wondering if I can somehow rejigger the plans to work with pieces of old oak pallets.
  • After my recent foray into interesting egg dishes for dinner, I'm wondering how these would taste.  They're certainly beautiful to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.