Monday, April 2, 2012

Friday Thoughts On Monday...Again

It seems the week just gets away from me and even though I try to save-up stuff all week for the Friday Thoughts post, well...you know.  Anyway, here's Friday's thoughts brought to you today.
  • Biodegradable Plastic Easter Eggs...kind of cool.  Thanks to Ashley for posting about them.
  • I think this is one of my new favorite DIY websites.  So many neat projects!
  • I'm really really liking this awesome sandbox and I'm thinking my daughter needs one like it.  Maybe Grandpa can help build it when we both clear some other projects off our docket.
  • Apparently, Tom Vilsack of the USDA claims that Pink Slime, aka LFTB, doesn't need to be labled cause, "...It's safe."  Can I call bullsh**t on that statement?  There are plenty of perfectly "safe" ingredients that consumers still have a right to see on the label.  Grow a spine, Mr. Vilsack.  You serve the American public, not the meat industry.
  • Awhile back, I think I posted about a fellow blogger who's military husband befriended a dog in Afghanistan and their efforts to bring the dog home to the US to live with them.  I'm happy to report that Solha (the dog) is now proudly an American resident.  Good luck, Jessie!  She seems like a handful.
  • If you've ever considered changing your cleaning supplies to more natural products, Suzy over at Chiot's Run is doing a great series on that subject that begins today.  I've been using the baking soda in a cheese shaker trick for over a year now and I love it for scrubbing my pots and pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.