Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Thoughts...

It's that time of the week again and look!  I'm on-time for a change!
  • I don't have the time, money, or the right space in the house to do this (nor would anyone here eat it but me), but I thought this post on DIY dry meat curing was pretty awesome.
  • Spaghettio's Pizza is just so wrong on so many levels.  Yet oddly, I'm somehow drawn to it.
  • Someone has apparently written a book about Garbage Pail Kids.  If you're a child of the 80's/90's, how frickin cool is that?
  • I've been having a good chuckle at the Texts From Hillary gag that's been going around this week.  Apparently Hillary has been too...
  • Bacon Jam.  Yes, please.  Think I should try to develop a copycat recipe?
  • I love some of the screwy things people do with Marshmallow Peeps like this and this.
  • I was excited to find out this week that RI Resource Recovery (the central landfill and recycling center in Rhode Island) is piloting a program in two communities that, among other things, will allow recycling of plastics over #2.  This is fantastic news, as we've had no reasonable way to recycle common plastics like those found in yogurt and takeout containers short of carting them to Whole Foods.  I'm not in one of the pilot communities, but I'm hoping they'll expand the program soon!

    2 comments:

    1. Jon bought some of Skillet's Bacon Spread last month -- it was tasty, but not as bacon-y as we expected. Have you tried Martha Stewart's slow-cooker version yet?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Martha has bacon spread? I'll have to check that out... :-)

      ReplyDelete

    I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.