Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Thoughts...

I know I'm way overdue for a real post.  Sorry, folks!  All three of us have been sick over the last week and not a whole lot productive has gotten done except for some overdue gardening and lawn care tasks.  I will share the gardening once there's something good to share...I promise!  In the mean time, on with some Friday Thoughts.

  • I came home yesterday to find my pre-ordered copy of Food In Jars sitting on the doorstep. This book is written by one of my absolute favorite bloggers and it's an absolute treat to hold, read, and enjoy.  If you've been thinking of getting your toes wet canning or preserving (even just your big toe), there's finally another book out there that I'd consider worthy of replacing The Ball Blue Book as a starter's guide.  Marisa did a great job on this one!  I'll be giving a full review of the book as soon as I can sit-down to write it (I'm still flipping through the pages and drooling over the contents).
  • Replace the jalapeños with something a little less spicy (maybe vinegar peppers?) and these Armadillo Eggs (not actually eggs) sound absolutely delicious.
  • A neat new (to me) gardening website to learn from.
  • I'm not a huge fan of Jello, but the first two layers of this Strawberry Pretzel Salad sound pretty awesome.  I'm wondering if I could do a strawberry mousse for the top instead.
  • I'd never heard of this method of cleaning silver with water, baking soda, and tin foil.  Now, in the last week, I've seen it pop-up in two places.  I have a couple of silver pieces I think I'll try it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.