Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Portion Sizes, Then and Now (According to the CDC)

The CDC recently posted this new info-graphic:


CDC The New (Ab)normal

Let me start by saying that I don't particularly like the shoddy job they did qualifying the data in the graphic.  For one, it's unclear what size was ordered (I doubt a 7oz was larger than a "small" in the 1950's and clearly, a 42oz is a "large" or "extra-large" by even today's standards).  Shame on them for using scare tactics rather than concrete data to make their point..especially when the accurate data is scary enough.

That said, it does help to put things into perspective, does it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.