Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Thoughts: Pickled Cranberries, Buttery Politicians, and Nutella-Stuffed Cookies

Hello, there!  Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween.  A certain little strawberry certainly did.


That said, here's this week's Friday Thoughts...
  • I'm very intrigued by this recipe for pickled cranberries.  I don't usually like sweet pickles, but cranberries are sweet-tart by nature, so this might be pretty tasty.
  • This blog post from Whole Foods is pretty awesome.  It's all about how they converted their northeast commissary to use spent cooking oil as fuel for electricity generation.  I'd love to see more companies taking the initiative to be gentler on our environment even if there isn't an economic benefit to it.
  • Check out a bust of The Prez made entirely out of butter.
  • I still can't figure out if this is awesome or kind of scary.  Dill Pickle Soup?
  • This recipe for White Chocolate Rice Pudding seems deliciously decadent.
  • Fleischmann's has put out a boxed mix for no-knead bread.  Part of me is supportive of anything that gets people baking their own fresh breads while the other part of me is, "Seriously?  The recipe is so easy and requires so few ingredients, why do we need a boxed mix anyhow?"
  • OMG.  Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter and Sea Salt Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.