Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Thoughts: Ramen Burgers, Ice Cream, Beef & Stout Pie, and No Plastic Straws

I keep hoping I'll get around to writing you some new posts (I certainly don't lack for ideas...just time), but it seems to keep getting away from me.  Still, I have a Friday Thoughts for you this week:

  • These Ramen Burgers seem a bit strange.  I'm still deciding whether I would try one or not if presented with the opportunity.  Oh heck, who am I kidding?  I'll try most things once.
  • I've been on a bit of a podcast kick lately and I stumbled on Alton Brown's new podcast (The Alton Browncast).  One of his guests was the guy who created High Road Craft Ice Cream.  It sounds awesome and I'd love to try it if it ever makes its way into New England.
  • Bacon.  And Eggs.  'Nuff said.
  • This recipe for a beef and stout pie that Jamie Oliver developed in celebration of Kate & William and the new Royal Baby sounds pretty tasty.  And I love that it calls for, "a knob of butter."
  • I love to see companies taking some responsibility for the waste they generate.  I've come across two examples this week.  First, Stonyfield is partnering with a company that makes recycled plastic toothbrushes from yogurt containers.  The second is that Mario Batali's company has instituted a "straws by request only" policy and the straws they're offering are non-plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.