Thursday, December 8, 2016

My Favorite Things: Sandwich Knife

Back in 2011, I was inspired by Oprah's "Favorite Things" episode to do my own version highlighting some of my favorite kitchen and cooking-related items that make great gifts during the holdays.  This year, I've decided to expand the idea to include some general household and organizing items that I find useful or indispensable.  Happy Holidays!

My first favorite thing is something I admit to having a love-fear relationship with.  It's the Kuhn Rikon Sandwich Knife.



I ordered this knife after seeing it demonstrated, of all places, on QVC.

Remember those 1980's infomercials for Ginsu knives where they saw through everything including aluminum cans with the knife and then slice a tomato cleanly with the same knife?  This knife is the Ginsu's crazy cousin who invents things in the basement.

I love how this knife has a large paddle shape on one side that just begs to be dipped into a jar of mayo to spread on your bread and a nice sharp blade for not only slicing the sandwich in half when you're done but also for prepping vegetables and fixings that will go in your sandwich.

I need to caution you, though.  This knife is EXTREMELY SHARP.  I'm talking wicked sharp.  I sliced my finger open just trying to put the knife back in its holder (always point the blade away from you when doing this, by the way).  But it's an awesome knife if you treat it with respect and care.  No fancy Martin Yan moves with this one, okay?  Okay.  :-)

Disclaimer:  All opinions on these products are my own and I've purchased these items myself or received them as gifts from friends and family.  I don't even receive a kickback from Amazon for the links, so feel free to buy from your favorite local kitchen supplier.  They'll appreciate the business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. However, please be courteous of others when commenting. I always reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.